On Aug 21, 2010 from 10-3 we will be hosting our annual Urban Horticulture Field Day. Every year on the third Saturday in August we invite the public to our gardens for a fun, family-friendly, and educational event. This year we will be featuring the following:
- Extension experts on insects and disease
- Master gardeners to answer questions on flowers and vegetables
- Garden staff and interns available to discuss this years varieties and trials
- Organic vegetables and fruit for tasting and sale
- Pepper roasting and salsa 11-3
- Solar food dryer demonstration
- Square Watermelon, Squash, and Tomato
- Wisconsin Native Pollinators and how to attract them
- Cut Flowers for Sale
- Rain Barrels for sale -Sustain Dane
- Garden Reference and Cookbook for sale-238 pages
- Children’s Activities
- Tour the garden 550 selections of flowers and vegetables.
We hope to see you there!